Thursday, January 31, 2013

Flagler College Art Professor Accepted into English Film and Video Festival

Email to a Friend

ST. AUGUSTINE, FL (08/11/2011) -- Patrick Moser, Art and Design Department chair and associate professor of painting and drawing at Flagler College, recently had his short film, "Patty Goes," shown at the Fundada Artists' Film Festival (FAFF) in Wakefield, England. The festival is a film and video event run by artists intending to showcase the best in contemporary screen-based art.

The film, which features stop animation using 400 different paintings to tell the story of Patty – an homage to 1960s Bigfoot images – was created by Moser while on a faculty research sabbatical grant from Flagler.

"I'm really a painter, but I've been immersing myself in video and film. The curious thing about video art is it's not film," said Moser. "It's a way to experiment with contemporary screen-based art using video, computer programs and animation."

Moser was the only American artist chosen for the film festival.

"I found out about the Fundada Festival on the video site, Vimeo, and submitted it to be considered for acceptance," Moser said. "I never anticipated that it would be selected."

The films were screened in late July at Westgate Studios in Wakefield, England. Moser was unable to attend.

"I've been running an art camp here at Flagler all summer and wasn't able to get away," Moser said. "In the fall, I will be teaching a Video Art class using the skills I've learned during my sabbatical."

Moser received his M.F.A. from the University of Florida and teaches painting and drawing courses at Flagler.


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment